Ser Gregor Clegane is one of the most surprising characters in the HBO series Game of Thrones. Due to his massive body size he is called as ‘The Mountain’ or ‘The Mountain that rides’ in the series.
‘The Mountain’ is well known as for his strength capable of tearing and smashing the heads of the characters in the show. The real name of present Ser Gregor Clegane aka The Mountain is Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson.
Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson is a former Icelandic professional strongman and basketball player. Due to the knee injury, he quit as a basketball player at the age of 20.
Hafþór beat a 1000-year-old record at the World’s Strongest Viking competition in Norway. He carried a 10 metre long 650 kilogram log for five steps for breaking the record kept by Orm Storolfsson.
Hafthor Julius Bjornsson came in the Mountain role in the fourth season of Game of Thrones. Conan Stevens and Ian Whyte played the role of Ser Gregor Clegane in the first and second season respectively.
Gregor Clegane The Mountain Height Weight Measurements and Personal Life
The Mountain Personal Life:
Full Name: Hafthor Julius Bjornsson
Nick Name: The Mountain
Date of Birth: November 26, 1988
Born Place: Iceland
Age: 28 (as of 2016)
Sun Sign: Not available
Occupation: Actor, Strongman, Basketball player
Marital Status: Married
Children: Daughter (1)
The Mountain Height Weight Measurements
Height: 6 feet 9 inches
Weight: 180 kilogram
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Gregor Clegane The Mountain facts:
- The mountain eats over 10,000 Calories per day.
- The sword he hold in game of thrones is of a size of normal human being.
- Hafthor Julius Bjornsson is the third actor to play The role of Mountain in Game of thrones.
- The famous Mountain moment in the Show is ‘Smashing Oberyn Martell’s head’. The Mountain is believed to be capable of smashing the head just as he did in the Game of thrones.
- He reached 6 ft 9 inch at the age of 16.